The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced is taken every year by around 2 lakhs of students to get admission to the prestigious IITs. While the JEE Main is taken by over 16 lakhs of students year after year, only a handful get selected to move on to the JEE Advanced which will then determine the selected few’s future in the IIT. If the JEE Main is a tough exam, it is nothing compared to the JEE Advanced. Every year, the nation gets to see its brightest minds compete with one another as they vie for the elusive engineering seats in the elite IITs. This is enough to understand that the JEE Advanced is one of toughest competitive exams in the country. It takes months, even years, to prepare for.
While the JEE Advanced is primarily taken by students whose aim is to get into one of the IITs, there are other prestigious institutes that accept JEE Advanced scores. They are listed below:
- Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), Visakhapatnam
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune
- Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT), Rae Bareli
The online registration for JEE Advanced 2017 will be available through the official website from April 28 to May 2 without any late fee and extended to May 4 with a late fee. The JEE Advanced 2017 Admit Card can be downloaded between May 10 and May 21. The JEE Advanced 2017 will be held on May 21, 2017, and the results will be declared on June 11, 2017.
JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form
If you satisfy the JEE Advanced 2017 Eligibility Criteria, you can register for appearing in the exam. Registration can only be done online and the JEE Advanced 2017 Application Form can be filled in 3 basic steps:
Step 1: After logging in the official website, provide the basic data as prompted. Please note that you should also provide your choice of language of question paper (English or Hindi) and preferred city to give the exam. You will also get the option to add another mobile number on top of the one you provided for JEE Main. Note that the JEE Advanced 2017 result will be sent to one of these numbers by SMS.
Step 2: Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
Step 3: Pay the Jee Advanced Registration Fee. Please note that the Registration Fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
Jump start your preparations with these tips to crack JEE Advanced 2017. The JEE Main 2017 is just a week away and we wish you all the very best!